Okay last week I didn’t have the time to blog, but let’s just say there wasn’t much to miss.
Ever since the first week I feel like I’m gradually getting worse, I’m over thinking everything I do.
It’s so frustrating!
The first week I did well so I expected to get the same results, wrong.
When I see someone teeing off absolutely perfect I try to match them, but everyone has their own swing and I can’t seem to find mine. Playing softball since fifth grade isn’t helping much either. I’m applying things from softball to golf and it’s making my swing total crap. Yeah the other people I see playing have probably been playing a majority of their life, but I didn’t think it would be this complicated. Because the past week was an off week for the actual practices, my dad and I went to the golf range. He helped me point out the really big things that are pretty easy to fix. First of all, don’t look anywhere besides the ball until you finish. Second it’s all in the shoulders and hips, I can’t believe how many times I have used my wrists, there’s that softball coming through.
This summer is going by so quickly and I hope I can become somewhat good before it’s over. Golf is hard, honestly one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Today I heard something funny from one of my team mates though, this game isn’t fun it sucks, until you hit the ball the exact way you want, right where you want it. This is 100% true. I just want to walk off the field when I mess up and see my friends doing much better, but I won’t. Next week I have to do better, and I will because that’s the only way to survive this game, positive attitude!
No comments:
Post a Comment